Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faroukwahsh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Visual Borders Automatically Show on Hover in Power BI Service

The visual borders that show on hover in Power BI Desktop used to not show on hover once the report is published to the service. This is not the case anymore, hovering over any visual in Power BI Service will show the thin grey border around it. Has there been a change recently that allows users to toggle this on and off? Anyone know how to hide the automatic visual borders again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ersommer
Employee
Employee

The borders when in view mode are a known issue and the fix should start rolling out on Monday.  If you still see the issue late next week, please let us know!

Update (Sep 20th): Fix was deployed to some regions last night.  The remaining regions should be deployed by EOD today (Sep 20th).

Update (Nov 11th): We're aware of a similar issue where borders some focus borders are are unexpectedly appearing on visuals.  The fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out soon.  No ETA is available yet, but I'll provide an update as soon as I get one.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Juste
Regular Visitor

We still see the issue. Do you know when the fix will be rolled out?

msoon

I'm having the same grey visual border issue as well when i hover my mouse over textbox, images, shapes, etc... Please help...! it happened all of a sudden when i was checking my Power BI dashboard today. It wasn't like this in the past.

msoon_0-1663313100573.png

ersommer
Employee
Employee

The borders when in view mode are a known issue and the fix should start rolling out on Monday.  If you still see the issue late next week, please let us know!

Update (Sep 20th): Fix was deployed to some regions last night.  The remaining regions should be deployed by EOD today (Sep 20th).

Update (Nov 11th): We're aware of a similar issue where borders some focus borders are are unexpectedly appearing on visuals.  The fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out soon.  No ETA is available yet, but I'll provide an update as soon as I get one.

We also started to see this week dark blue outlines appearing in Power BI Service. It's happening aroung pages / or randomly around slicer / or also around objects which were grouped together in selection pane (eg. when having grouped more objecst as text field, image, shape).
Thanks for any info regarding this. 

We are seeing dark outlines appearing on pages as of today 11/8.  It shows up on random visuals, both exposed and hidden. Any idea if this bug is back and when there will be a fix deployed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ersommer we are still seeing this issue as of today, 09/26. Do you recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft?

Yes, please file a ticket.  If you're on a government cloud, you'll be seeing this issue for a bit longer.  But filing a ticket helps us track the impact and decide how/when to mitigate it.

I am on the government tenant and I am still experiencing the issue! Was the fix deployed to GCC users? If not, what's the schedule?

The Government clouds area bit behind, so it might take an extra week for the fix to get there.  If you'd like the fix sooner, please contact support and ask them to file a ticket/icm for the issue.  The number of complaints we receive through tickets/icms affects how quickly the fix can be deployed.

We are still experiencing this (9/22/2022) and in fact only noticed it once the fix was technically released earlier this week. Is there an update on when it will be fully released?

Are you on a government/soverign cloud?  It might take an extra week for the fix to get those coulds (they get changes a bit after the public clouds).  If you'd like the fix sooner, please contact support and ask them to file a ticket/icm for the issue.  The number of complaints we receive through tickets/icms affects how quickly the fix can be deployed.

Tks, every ok here.

Thanks. The issue is resolved for me. 

Fixed - (21-09-2022)

Hello, based on the date of this comment this fix should've been rolled out to all regions by EOD last Thursday? It is now Tuesday and we are only just experiencing this issue. Can you please provide an update on when this fix will be applied to all?! Thank you.

Ah, I forgot to put the date in the the update.  The deployments are happening today (Sep 20), so it should be fixed by tomorrow morning (Sep 21).  I've updated the original response.

Thanks so much! Will there be anything I need to do from my end to see/activate this fix?

No action is needed from you.  The fix should automatically be applied.

This is fixed for me now, thank you!

We have this issue now as well with all our client dashboards....

It is Tuesday 9/20 and I am still seeing this issue on both Chrome and Edge.

Power BI Desktop Version 2.109.642.0 64-bit (September 2022)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors