Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Users are not able to access report links with in Power Bi report

Hi Community,

I need some urgent help to fix the issue explained below. 

I tried to show a small piece of the main report below in screen shot . On left hand side, we have Titles of sub reports like Major Incidents , Down Store Incidents , ITSD SAT Escalated tickets etc.  On right hand side, those are different reports URLs related to titles on left hand side.  The thought is to provide report URLs inside the Actions of button visuals  and when they click on "Go to Report" , report should open in the browser . I published all these reports to the App. 

I have added these Power Bi report  to one of the Microsoft teams channel . Users of the channel are reporting that there are able to access the below report . However, when they click on "Go to Report" , there is a window that opens up and asks them to request access to the report.  Owners of the teams channel are still able to access the report . Only Users are not able to access the report links "Go to Report" buttons as shown in screen shot.

Kindly assist on how to resolve these issue . Please comment if any other information is required. 

Sample.PNG

Thanks,

G Venkatesh 

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Can you check this report and its datasets settings to confirm the permissions correctly assigned to your team members?

Build permission for shared datasets 

In addition, where these user hosts? (internal organization or external) Did they had the pro licenses? AFAIK, power bi p2p share requires a pro license or managed in premium capacity.

BTW, you can also check the known limitations of the official document:

Share directly to Microsoft Teams from the Power BI service#known-issues-and-limitations 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What happens when a user tries this in the Power BI Service, does it work as expected?

I am thinking that it might be something to do with using Teams and the permissions in a different teams channel.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors