Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pippalla77
Regular Visitor

Unable to print the logo from Power BI Service

Hi ,

I'm unable to print the company logo/visual from Power BI Service - it's showing empty space.

Is there any workaround to print?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
satyabrata
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, i use gateway for connecting sahrepoint , blob aswell. now that is another issue we are as organisation facing is when i join two tables from sql and sharepoint, then refresh fails using gateway but dasktop refresh is fine.
now this logo , i have tried using table visual and make some cosmetic adjustments, thenafter i can export the logos as pdf and ppt. but when i use image visuals from market place, then i cant export into ppt,pdf.

so is this may also be a reason (using image grid and simple image visuals from third party on market place) for logo failures. by using table visual, size is coming small, but i am happy that atleastmy users are able to export their reports in pdf and ppt with the logo, and go to their meetings.

can you please clarify on this plz, will be a great help.

when i join two tables from sql and sharepoint

DANGER DANGER DANGER

When you do that your sharepoint source must be declared in the gateway as well and you need to configure the gateway to process cloud sources.  Try to avoid that as much as possible.

satyabrata
Frequent Visitor

Hi, i think i am not understood well. i have logos in sharepoint. and i have to pull the images from sharepoint to report. i deal with multiple clients ,so as per my requirement i need to use a templet where i can use ids as parameter and pull respective images to the report with multiple pages. on desktop it runs fine, and in service also i can see images, but when i try to export the report as pdf or ppt, report is coming out with blank logo. so i have changes my data source of images from sharepoint to Azure Blob Container, but no luck. when i use only one datasource i.e blob containers, i can export in pdf and ppt, but when i tried with original report where my data are coming from sql servers and logos are from blob containers, then again logos are coming blank. so i think its a issue with gateway. can anyone help on this. plz.

Gateway should not be involved since these are all cloud data sources. Check that the Azure Blob storage is accessible without any authentication.

satyabrata
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

still having issues, if u export into powerpoint , the logo doesnot appear.

any solution?

regards

Satyabrata

Yes, still i'm facing the issue while printing (print this page option from file menu).
When i exporting to powerpoint i don't have any issues.

Show how you embed the image.

Hi Ibendlin,

its an embed url. having issue with ppt, pdf export. in export also the logo is empty.

satyabrata_0-1659787775473.png

please help.

Let me test on my side. Should work.

satyabrata_0-1664176772382.png

i saved the logo in sharepoint and pulling through query with all the long and short type,, still on pdf or powerpoint, it coming blank like this. and its not just one, i have around fifty reports with different logos/images. all same.can anyone help. 

Power BI service doesn't have access to the logo location. One alternative is to embed the logo into the Power BI dataset.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

this would then be more of a printer driver problem, no?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

after you export to PDF do you see the logo in the PDF file?

Yes

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @pippalla77 

Please try to change the browser or clear the cache and print again.

You can also consider exporting the report to PPT, PDF, PBIX to local and then printing.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks You,
I'm exporting to pdf and then printing.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Is the logo part of the report that you are trying to print?  If so, did you link to the logo or did you embed the image?

Hi lbendlin,
Yes , the logo is part of report & I've embedded the image.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors