Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lercanbrack
Regular Visitor

Unable to delete Dataset from Power BI online

Yesterday, I was able to delete datasets from Power BI online without any issue. This morning, I go to remove a dataset and it tells me that I must upgrade to Power BI Pro in order to complete the task. Really? Just to delete a dataset that I was able to yesterday without any issue? Was this an actual change that was made by Microsoft, or is there possibly something with my cache and I may just need to log out of the app and then back in? 

6 REPLIES 6
YalanWu_test
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, @Lercanbrack ;

You can try the following method:

1. Refer to the following post: How to Delete Old Data Set?

1. Goto the workspace (also referred to the app)
  2. On top right click on eclipses (...)
  3. Select "Unpublish App"
  4. Now go to your dataset and delete and confirm
  5. Click on the workspace eclipses again
  6. Select Edit Workspace
  7. Publish app again

21.PNG

Best Regards,

In fact, just now, I was able to delete one dataset without any issue, (The one I had gotten the error on before posting my reply this morning.) then when I go to delete the others, I get the same error. 

Lercanbrack_0-1660054491325.png

I am not seeing that. It looks completely different. Plus I was able to do this just fine last week without any issue. 

Lercanbrack
Regular Visitor

UPDATE:  Same thing occurred this morning and this time, republishing the report did not allow me to delete the dataset. 

Lercanbrack
Regular Visitor

I called Support and they suggested removing the license on my user in the 365 Admon portal. Wait for a few, then re allocate it. That did not seem to work. What I did do though is republish the report from Power BI desktop to the workspace. Then I was able to delete the dataset. Really odd and I have never had that issue in the 3 years of using BI. 

Lercanbrack
Regular Visitor

I cleared my Cache on my browser and updated it. Still no issue. I can delete the Report associated to the dataset just fine, but not the dataset. This is beyond ludicrous and frustrating. How is deleting a dataset considered a "pro" feature? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors