Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BIsteht
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to Connect to MySQL Database

I am having all kinds of issues when trying to connect to a MySQL database in the following scenario:

Enterprise Gateway on Windows 10 desktop

MySQL database on Linux box

I can connect to the database from the machine hosting the gateway using MySQL Workbench no problem. I can also connect to the datebase using Power BI desktop from outside of the corporate network as well. When I add my datasource to the Gateway the PBI service initially shows everything works fine. However, as soon as I manually refresh or run a scheduled refresh an error is thrown showing invalid credentials. Then the connection eventually gets blocked due to too many failed attempts to connect.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BIsteht,

Please check if the MySQL database server and on-premises data gateway are in a same domain or in the same local network. In addtion, please also check if the on-premises data gateway service is still running on the server.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft What are the requirements for domain and network configuration when working with MySQL or any other database? Can you provide those details or point me to a support article with the information. I can take that and work to solve the issue.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors