Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIsteht
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to Connect to MySQL Database

I am having all kinds of issues when trying to connect to a MySQL database in the following scenario:

Enterprise Gateway on Windows 10 desktop

MySQL database on Linux box

I can connect to the database from the machine hosting the gateway using MySQL Workbench no problem. I can also connect to the datebase using Power BI desktop from outside of the corporate network as well. When I add my datasource to the Gateway the PBI service initially shows everything works fine. However, as soon as I manually refresh or run a scheduled refresh an error is thrown showing invalid credentials. Then the connection eventually gets blocked due to too many failed attempts to connect.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BIsteht,

Please check if the MySQL database server and on-premises data gateway are in a same domain or in the same local network. In addtion, please also check if the on-premises data gateway service is still running on the server.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft What are the requirements for domain and network configuration when working with MySQL or any other database? Can you provide those details or point me to a support article with the information. I can take that and work to solve the issue.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors