Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The M evaluation exceeded the memory limit.

Hello, Team. From past 2 days, some of the reports in the Premium Capacity Gen 2 are failing with this partciular error: 

The M evaluation exceeded the memory limit. To address the issue consider optimizing the M expressions, reducing the concurrency of operations that are memory intensive or upgrading to increase the available memory. Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none).;Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148.. Table: LastRefresh_Local.

The Premium Gen 2 metrcis is not that detailed to understand what could be causing it to fail. I even increased the memory on that particular node but still the same error is back. Could some one suggest what could be happening.

5 REPLIES 5
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

What is your current Premium capacity size

To analyze the memory consumption refer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmAuABIwhc0 from Adam

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, today I have the same problem occur pls provide a solution for this.
@Anonymous @GilbertQ 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What happens if you had to reduce the amount of steps and see if that resolves the issue?

You could also test this using Power BI Desktop and see when you refresh the dataset how much memory it consumes?

You could also enable the Power Query Diagnostsics to see where it is using a lot of resources?

Power BI Query Performance & Query Diagnostics | Paul Turley's SQL Server BI Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@GilbertQ 

The report dataset is not heavy , when the refresh works fine it completes within 2 minutes and the total number of rows is slightly above 2 million,It does refreshes fine for few times in a day and for some refreshes it gives this error. So , do we really think that the queries used in the report would be causing this error ?

Hi @Anonymous 

If it does refresh sometimes, then the issue has to do with there not being enough CPU's if using Gen2 to handle the refresh and query loads as far as I can see

Have a look at the latest Premium metrics App and see what is happening when the refresh fails.

What is Microsoft Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors