cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masari23
Helper I
Helper I

The M evaluation exceeded the memory limit.

Hello, Team. From past 2 days, some of the reports in the Premium Capacity Gen 2 are failing with this partciular error: 

The M evaluation exceeded the memory limit. To address the issue consider optimizing the M expressions, reducing the concurrency of operations that are memory intensive or upgrading to increase the available memory. Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none).;Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 13148.. Table: LastRefresh_Local.

The Premium Gen 2 metrcis is not that detailed to understand what could be causing it to fail. I even increased the memory on that particular node but still the same error is back. Could some one suggest what could be happening.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @masari23 

What happens if you had to reduce the amount of steps and see if that resolves the issue?

You could also test this using Power BI Desktop and see when you refresh the dataset how much memory it consumes?

You could also enable the Power Query Diagnostsics to see where it is using a lot of resources?

Power BI Query Performance & Query Diagnostics | Paul Turley's SQL Server BI Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

@GilbertQ 

The report dataset is not heavy , when the refresh works fine it completes within 2 minutes and the total number of rows is slightly above 2 million,It does refreshes fine for few times in a day and for some refreshes it gives this error. So , do we really think that the queries used in the report would be causing this error ?

Hi @masari23 

If it does refresh sometimes, then the issue has to do with there not being enough CPU's if using Gen2 to handle the refresh and query loads as far as I can see

Have a look at the latest Premium metrics App and see what is happening when the refresh fails.

What is Microsoft Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors