Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zjn0505
Regular Visitor

Setting scheduled refresh failed in credentials if query contains R scripts

Hi, I'm facing a problem when setting scheduled refresh in the dashboard. It failed in checking data source credentials for the R scripts. Here is the screenshot.

a.png

If click into edit credentials, the configure dialog shows and will hangs after selecting Sign in.

b.png

The scheduled refresh setting will be succeed if I removed the R script. 

I'm getting the data from the Kusto using the feature "export to PowerBI", and using R to reformat data. 

In the PowerBI Desktop, I've set credentials type as Windows, and privacy level as public in the edit permission for R.

I'm not sure if I need set gateway for this data source. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
nowhereman2302
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing a similar issue. I am unable to schedule a refresh a data set which uses an R script somewhere in between a number of queries. Upon configuring the refresh, it asks for a sign in using the Authentication Type = Windows. When I try to sign in it gives me an error "Failed to update data source credentials ". I read in on of the docs that Authentication Type of Windows need not require authentication. I am using an on-premise(personal) gateway for scheduling refreshes

@nowhereman2302

Please check if the workaround in the following similar thread works in your scenario

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Refresh-R-Scripts-with-Personal-Gateway/...

Regards

Mizeel

Thanks a Lot. This solved the problem. I was stuck on this for a long time. Smiley Happy

ssaantooss
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same problem. I use on-premises gateway (personal mode). Are there any plans to add R Script as a source for automatic refreshing via gateway? It'd be extremely useful!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

It does appear to me that currently R data sources are not supported for the data refreshing for the On-Premise Gateway

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/ and if you scroll down to List of available data source types

I could easily be wrong as not having worked with R and refreshing data that comes from R Sources.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you @GilbertQ for your reply.  

R script is used in my query to process data, like regex, regrouping, etc. I wasn't unexpected for that would be counted as R sources. 

Will try to work around it.

@zjn0505,

Did you find a workaround for scheduling a refresh for R.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors