Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zjn0505
Regular Visitor

Setting scheduled refresh failed in credentials if query contains R scripts

Hi, I'm facing a problem when setting scheduled refresh in the dashboard. It failed in checking data source credentials for the R scripts. Here is the screenshot.

a.png

If click into edit credentials, the configure dialog shows and will hangs after selecting Sign in.

b.png

The scheduled refresh setting will be succeed if I removed the R script. 

I'm getting the data from the Kusto using the feature "export to PowerBI", and using R to reformat data. 

In the PowerBI Desktop, I've set credentials type as Windows, and privacy level as public in the edit permission for R.

I'm not sure if I need set gateway for this data source. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
nowhereman2302
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing a similar issue. I am unable to schedule a refresh a data set which uses an R script somewhere in between a number of queries. Upon configuring the refresh, it asks for a sign in using the Authentication Type = Windows. When I try to sign in it gives me an error "Failed to update data source credentials ". I read in on of the docs that Authentication Type of Windows need not require authentication. I am using an on-premise(personal) gateway for scheduling refreshes

@nowhereman2302

Please check if the workaround in the following similar thread works in your scenario

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Refresh-R-Scripts-with-Personal-Gateway/...

Regards

Mizeel

Thanks a Lot. This solved the problem. I was stuck on this for a long time. Smiley Happy

ssaantooss
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same problem. I use on-premises gateway (personal mode). Are there any plans to add R Script as a source for automatic refreshing via gateway? It'd be extremely useful!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

It does appear to me that currently R data sources are not supported for the data refreshing for the On-Premise Gateway

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/ and if you scroll down to List of available data source types

I could easily be wrong as not having worked with R and refreshing data that comes from R Sources.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you @GilbertQ for your reply.  

R script is used in my query to process data, like regex, regrouping, etc. I wasn't unexpected for that would be counted as R sources. 

Will try to work around it.

@zjn0505,

Did you find a workaround for scheduling a refresh for R.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors