Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astar2006

Select rows/column in bulk in table for "copy select" function in table

My employer has disabled the export data function in our Power Bi reports.  I use the "copy select" function in tables and then paste into Excel.  I click and hold control while I slowly select each row, then "copy select." This is tedious with 100-300 rows in each table.  Then I paste into Excel.  

Is there any way to select the rows in bulk more quickly, like a control+shift+ up/down shortcut?

I need to be able to manipulate the data in Excel, so a screenshot isn't helpful.  My employer will not enable the export data function.  Maybe there is better workaround?

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astar2006 ,

If you still can export report as PDF, you could have a try and import the PDF file into Power BI Desktop. In this way, you could get

the data and then export it from a visualization.

2.PNG

3.PNG

If it can't work, maybe you only can select values one by one using "Ctrl + up/down + enter" or "Ctrl + Click".

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for your suggestion, but I don't have Power Bi Desktop.  I just receive reports online.  I am unable to export anything, and my employer will not enable that function.

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @astar2006 

Can you filter the table to show only the rows of interest, then copy-select all at once?

Can you ask report creator to create different versions of the table to only include the cells of interest -- maybe use a bookmark?

HTH

Michele

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What if you had to create a table of what you needed in your report?

Once the table is created with what you need you could then use the "Copy Select"?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, thank you, this is what I am doing.  My tables are filtered and quite large, unfortunately.  I'm trying to make the copy select faster-- It take at least a second for each row to be selected while I hold down control, and if I mess up and let go of control by mistake, then I have to start over until all are selected again.  Just seems clunky.   

Thank you, yes this is what I am doing.  The copy select requires me to hold control and individually click each row until it responds and all are selected.  Seems much slower than an excel sheet where I could hit control +shift.    Thanks for your suggestion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors