Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ncbshiva
Advocate V
Advocate V

Scheduled Refresh on Power BI Service

Hi all,

I have case like , i have to create a scheduled refresh and data should refresh on every day and it should not refresh on 1st of every month. Because i have used current month offset visual filters in my reports to show data only for the current month. And the data will be loaded into the database only to the next day that is 2nd.

So if the dashboard refreshes the data , my visuals become empty because my database does not have current month data.

Is there any solution to solve this problem ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to know exactly the cause without knowing the small details within your data sources, but your refresh will happen on the 1st even if you don't want it too.

Instead i'd suggest building something into your Query logic that should it be the first of the month, it should continue to ask run the procedures for the previous month, if thats possible.

It sounds like on the first you are running some type of Month To Date query from your source and its providing you with empty results.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to know exactly the cause without knowing the small details within your data sources, but your refresh will happen on the 1st even if you don't want it too.

Instead i'd suggest building something into your Query logic that should it be the first of the month, it should continue to ask run the procedures for the previous month, if thats possible.

It sounds like on the first you are running some type of Month To Date query from your source and its providing you with empty results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors