Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

SHAREPOINT PICTURE LIBRARY FOLDERS CANT SCHEDULE REFRESH IN POWER BI SERVICE

Hi PBI Community,

Has anyone tried to setup a share point picture library as a data flow and completed a scheduled refresh on the images?

Is this not available at the moment as a scheduled refresh? or part of an hourly update routine?

I can complete an on demand refresh however I have not been able to achieve a scheduled refresh against a picture library in my sharepoint online folder.

I am using Sharepoint.Contents to bring the images into the data flow. This completes, validates and refreshes on demand without a problem.

Dataflow On Demand Sharepoint Picture Folder Refresh HistoryDataflow On Demand Sharepoint Picture Folder Refresh History

When I try to apply a schedule to the refresh routine I get the message below.

Refresh error on SchedulingRefresh error on Scheduling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

@v-xicai  Here is a copy of the data flow schedule refresh error

"Error: Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for SharePoint in dataflow settings and try again. [Path: https://mywebsite.sharepoint.com/]. Request ID: ea469a25-b721-4c87-934e-e63273664fb8 Activity ID: a1e13920-e304-4701-935a-2fe82fa4be42"

Can ANYONE, confirm if you can schedule a refresh on a share point picture library using sharepoint.contents function in the data flow section in power bi service?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

@v-xicai  Here is a copy of the data flow schedule refresh error

"Error: Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for SharePoint in dataflow settings and try again. [Path: https://mywebsite.sharepoint.com/]. Request ID: ea469a25-b721-4c87-934e-e63273664fb8 Activity ID: a1e13920-e304-4701-935a-2fe82fa4be42"

Can ANYONE, confirm if you can schedule a refresh on a share point picture library using sharepoint.contents function in the data flow section in power bi service?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @THEG72 ,

If your dataflow not only contains cloud data source but also the on premise data source, then it needs to use the gateway and configure schedule refresh, see more: :On-premises data gateway , Configure scheduled refresh .

Note that you also need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster option Under Gateway Cluster Settings. See: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources.

Then you can set schedule refresh for the dataflow, see more details: Creating and using dataflows in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xicai 

I'm assuming if I uploaded my image files to a share point online picture library/folder that the Data flow query I created only refers to online data sources of the image files. My local copies are not synced to this picture folder in share point at all.

Can you please confirm that you have successfully completed a scheduled refresh on a share point picture library using sahre point contents function?

I have 3 data flows that break-up images into currency, country and customer using share point tittle/keyword fields.

I simply call the function like below.

Source = SharePoint.Contents("https://mywebsite.sharepoint.com")

I am converting the images into Base64 to display images in a matrix table per Chris Webb's blog.

I can browse the share point picture library folder and image files in power query online and the data flow refreshes on demand.

I have allowed my cloud data sources to refresh vai this gateway cluster.
Turned On Allow Cloud online Sources to refreshTurned On Allow Cloud online Sources to refresh
I noted you can also set the data flow to use a gateway but I thought its not required?
Project Options in Data FLowProject Options in Data FLow

What steps should I take to resolve the error? I cant seem to find anything to assist me with your referenced answers?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors