Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukaszj97
Frequent Visitor

Report successfully publishing but not showing in Workspace

This one's got me scratching my head...

I made a few changes in PBI Desktop to a report that has been published in the service for quite some time now... Published the changes as usual - no issues.

lukaszj97_0-1651517843185.png

However, after the latest publish, the Dataset but not the Report appears in the Workspace.

lukaszj97_1-1651518041329.png

I can search for the report, and I am able to access it this way, but I cannot see it in the App Navigation Pane, which was the intended purpose of this report.

lukaszj97_2-1651518101654.png

Can anybody think of a reason this is happening? No filters are applied in the workspace. I created a brand new workspace and was able to successfully publish to and open from that workspace, but haven't been able to get it to show up in the intended one. Any suggestions on other things to check? Happy to clarify anything else that might help point me in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

That seemed to have the same effect - I still cannot see the report in this workspace for some reason. In the meantime I just recreated the workspace and everything seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lukaszj97 

In this scenario, try to upload this .pbix file directly in the workspace,

vxiaotang_0-1651720209542.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

That seemed to have the same effect - I still cannot see the report in this workspace for some reason. In the meantime I just recreated the workspace and everything seems to work fine.

Hi @lukaszj97 

Thanks for your reply.

Because it can be found through the search box, I think it exists in the workspace, perhaps due to the caching on the web side. I suggest you try again and delete the report, dataset and dashboard with the same name on the service. Change a browser, create a new privacy mode window, log in to service, and directly upload .pbix file in the original workspace.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @lukaszj97 

Can you confirm that you have included the report in the app as shown below where it says "YEs"?

GilbertQ_0-1651553271532.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

That is the issue, after the report is published to this workspace, only the dataset and not the report appears. There should be a report named "PA Dashboard Test" along with the others.

lukaszj97_0-1651585952983.png

Again, I can access the report if I search for it directly - and it even says it exists in this workspace, but it is not visible in the workspace and therefore can't be added to the App.

lukaszj97_1-1651586126403.png

Yeah that is really weird, as it should also upload with the associated report.

What happens if you try and upload the dataset and report to another App Workspace?

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @lukaszj97 

Can you confirm that when you re-publish the report that it asks you to "replace"?

That ensures that you have the report and are overwriting an existing report?

Also once uploaded to the app workspace you will need to update the App to display the new report?

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

Yes, it is "replacing"

lukaszj97_0-1651551137139.png

When I try to update the App, this particular report does not appear as an option in the navigation pane like it used to, so updating the app does not do anything to resolve this. Its as if it "successfully publishes" and then completely vanishes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors