Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Report Not refreshing in Service

Hi All,

I have developed a report with the source as 3 excel files which is 3 different regions. It was not refreshing in the service and when as i checked the file size of the excel sheets are as 483MB, 152MB, 350MB respectively for each region. It is working fine in the Power BI Desktop, only on the Service it is getting trouble. I have tried deploying the file only with 2 regions by removing the Higher one and it is working fine in service. Can someone help me here. Is it due to Higher excel file size and also please suggest me how can i resolve this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Got the solution for this... It is happening because the data size for each of the excel is more than 250MB and the service  will not handle that large kind of datasets. So i have reduced the datasets nearly to 100MB (each file) and deployed and now the report was refreshing and working fine. ( I am having Pro Version and using the Personal Gateway)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Got the solution for this... It is happening because the data size for each of the excel is more than 250MB and the service  will not handle that large kind of datasets. So i have reduced the datasets nearly to 100MB (each file) and deployed and now the report was refreshing and working fine. ( I am having Pro Version and using the Personal Gateway)

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. About both approaches (all excels and only two), can you share the error you are getting from Service? Can you also share how much is the pbix file size?

Those might help us understand.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi,

Below are my excel files (source)

Sudharshan1919_6-1648472172521.png

I have checked all the required details

Sudharshan1919_7-1648472291874.png

Below is the error i am getting. It hasnt given any description of the error, except the below

Sudharshan1919_8-1648472454203.png

Below is for the sizes  of PBIX Files.

Sudharshan1919_9-1648472683679.png

Thanks

Ok. It looks like there is no issue with the sizes for the data model. About the picture with the error I can't see any error detail. Just "failed". It should say something else regarding the error to help us help you. Otherwise the only thing I can say is try Standard gateway instead of personal.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors