Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ykn
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error on PBI service

Hello,
Since Friday evening our dataset cannot be refreshed and I have an error like this : 

[ValidateMarkupTags][ccon][ccon]DataSource.Error[/ccon]: [ccon]ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Support] (30030) Error while calling function ToString [TypedDataWrapper\TDWDate.cpp: 469]. Check that the operation is supported and the function is implemented.[/ccon]. [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: client.

When I refresh manually the table client in my pbi desktop with the may version, the data is refreshed without any issue, and when I refresh the same table using the PBI desktop september version, I still have this issue. Do you have any thoughts to help me solve my problem.

Thank you 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ykn
Frequent Visitor

I indeed went deep inside the data and I solved it by changing the date type from date to timestamp in my ingestion process. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
anlebonny

Hello @ykn @GilbertQ , I keep having the same problem. 

I have updated PBI to the latest version and I also tried to delete the table and add another query with the same table but it didn't work, now I have another type of error : "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

I don't know either what to do.....

Hello @ykn , I found out the source of this problem in my dataset. In my case the column "date" had null values and values as "0008-04-12". I imagine these exampels were treated before as a date but cannot be considered anymore with the new PBI update. I deleted these values from the data source and I don't have this error anymore.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ykn 

Can you confirm if you have got the latest version of PBI Desktop as there is another release.

GilbertQ_0-1696888003367.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

ykn
Frequent Visitor

Hello
I tried with the May version and when I refresh each table separetly, everything goes well but when I do the same with the last version ( the one you showed) I keep having the error :
"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Support] (30030) Error while calling function ToString [TypedDataWrapper\TDWDate.cpp: 469]. Check that the operation is supported and the function is implemented.. "
Maybe I'm missing an evolution between the 2 versions and what is implemented behind 

ykn_0-1696932129467.png

Hi! I ran into the same error code. Turns out the issue was a date-column that did contain some values not appropriate for dates. This didn't show any errors in the preview, and I had managed to load the query previously. I loaded columns individually until this error came up with the date column.

I fixed the column in the data source and the query loaded perfectly.

ykn
Frequent Visitor

I indeed went deep inside the data and I solved it by changing the date type from date to timestamp in my ingestion process. 

Hi @ykn 

Could you also make sure that you have got the latest version of .Net installed?

Download .NET Framework | Free official downloads (microsoft.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors