Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ykn
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error on PBI service

Hello,
Since Friday evening our dataset cannot be refreshed and I have an error like this : 

[ValidateMarkupTags][ccon][ccon]DataSource.Error[/ccon]: [ccon]ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Support] (30030) Error while calling function ToString [TypedDataWrapper\TDWDate.cpp: 469]. Check that the operation is supported and the function is implemented.[/ccon]. [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: client.

When I refresh manually the table client in my pbi desktop with the may version, the data is refreshed without any issue, and when I refresh the same table using the PBI desktop september version, I still have this issue. Do you have any thoughts to help me solve my problem.

Thank you 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ykn
Frequent Visitor

I indeed went deep inside the data and I solved it by changing the date type from date to timestamp in my ingestion process. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
anlebonny

Hello @ykn @GilbertQ , I keep having the same problem. 

I have updated PBI to the latest version and I also tried to delete the table and add another query with the same table but it didn't work, now I have another type of error : "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

I don't know either what to do.....

Hello @ykn , I found out the source of this problem in my dataset. In my case the column "date" had null values and values as "0008-04-12". I imagine these exampels were treated before as a date but cannot be considered anymore with the new PBI update. I deleted these values from the data source and I don't have this error anymore.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ykn 

Can you confirm if you have got the latest version of PBI Desktop as there is another release.

GilbertQ_0-1696888003367.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

ykn
Frequent Visitor

Hello
I tried with the May version and when I refresh each table separetly, everything goes well but when I do the same with the last version ( the one you showed) I keep having the error :
"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Support] (30030) Error while calling function ToString [TypedDataWrapper\TDWDate.cpp: 469]. Check that the operation is supported and the function is implemented.. "
Maybe I'm missing an evolution between the 2 versions and what is implemented behind 

ykn_0-1696932129467.png

Hi! I ran into the same error code. Turns out the issue was a date-column that did contain some values not appropriate for dates. This didn't show any errors in the preview, and I had managed to load the query previously. I loaded columns individually until this error came up with the date column.

I fixed the column in the data source and the query loaded perfectly.

ykn
Frequent Visitor

I indeed went deep inside the data and I solved it by changing the date type from date to timestamp in my ingestion process. 

Hi @ykn 

Could you also make sure that you have got the latest version of .Net installed?

Download .NET Framework | Free official downloads (microsoft.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors