Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CHohnbaum
Employee
Employee

Publishing Report with Changes 'succeeds' but Changes don't appear on workspace

I have been running into a publish issue with several reports on various workspaces over the last few months where I make changes in Desktop View, save, and re-publish, but the changes don't actually make it to the workspace. I get a 'Publishing succeeded' message in Desktop View, and when I click the link in the 'succeeded' message, it takes me to the Report on the workspace, but it takes me to an old version of the Report on the workspace, and no matter how many times I try, or how many days I wait, the changes do not actually ever make it up.

There are no errors reported on the workspace that I can find. I've confirmed the service and my Desktop client are both running latest versions.

The only work around I've found so far is to delete the Reports from the workspaces entirely and republish, however this breaks the links to the Reports and we have a wide variety of folks across our org using this links, sometimes for well over a year, and I don't want to break their setups by deleting and republishing. This will also reset the usage metrics on the Report, and we use those metrics a lot internally to gauge Report priority. 

This has happened for both Direct Query workbooks and Import Query workbooks, and seems like it starts happening after the first dozen pushes or so. Our Reports go through a lot of churn with new visuals, etc being added and/or tweaked, so most of our Reports will go through a few dozen 'changes' over the years.

2 REPLIES 2
prihana
Helper V
Helper V

It should not behave this way. Did you try refreshing the page once you uploaded?

I have tried refreshing the page, using a browser on someone else's PC that shouldn't have any history with the site already, waiting many days, etc.

For further information, any changes to the data do make it up, it's only changes to the report part that don't make it. So if I change colors on a visual, change the page size and add extra parts, add extra pages entirely, swap values on an axis, or something like that, those changes don't make it up, but if I change the definition of a calculated column, the new calculation within the calculated column makes it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors