Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Subscription Snapshot

I have a table on a Dashboard/Report page that members are subscribed to (subscription testing phase in this report).

It is sorted by Previous day sales but when the data refreshes and sends a snapshot email of the table, it is scrolled down midway through (picture shown below).  I have 2 questions below.

1)  This table has a lot of data and doesn't fit on the whole page without a scroll bar.  Will Power BI subscriptions ever have the capability to incorporate some sort of scroll or capture more than what is shown on the page?

2)  How can i prevent this snapshot from being taken with the table scrolled midway?  I know it won't grab the whole table but ideally since the table is sorted it would be smart enough to take a snapshot from the very top down to what fits.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chudson

I'm afraid Power BI subscriptions don't have the capability to incorporate some sort of scroll or capture more than what is shown on the page. To view more data, you need to scroll down.

How can i prevent this snapshot from being taken with the table scrolled midway.

What do you mean by this sentence? you don't want the scroll bar to work?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft

Responding to your question:

How can i prevent this snapshot from being taken with the table scrolled midway.

What do you mean by this sentence? you don't want the scroll bar to work?

If you look at the screenshot I provided, on the right hand side you can see the email subscription snapshot of the page was taken with the table scrolled about halfway based on the scroll bar positioning.  I have this table sorted by a specific column and would hope that the snapshot would at least start from the very top when taken for the subscription.  Let me know if this explanation makes sense. 

Thanks,

Chris

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest making the table smaller so that it only contains the first few rows so that when the email subscription is sent it shows the top rows?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors