Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tprasad1
Frequent Visitor

Publish Power BI Report to Web

Hello!

I am looking to publish a report from Power BI Desktop to Web. I came across an online tutorial that talked about a Publish to Web functionality available on Power BI. However, I cannot find any such functionality on my Power BI Desktop. Furthermore, I am aiming at embedding a URL to a website so that viewers can publicly access the reports without any registration with Power BI. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tprasad1 yes what you access on app.powerbi.com is called power bi service. Once you've published your report you will get publish to web option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tprasad1 Publish to web is available from powerbi service not power bi desktop. Once you publish your report in power bi service go to Reports -> Your Report -> File -> Publish to web. 

URL that you get through publish to web can be embedded to your website.

Thank you Ankit! Unfortunately, I cannot find any link to download Power BI Service. Most links are taking me to Power BI Desktop or Power BI. I downloaded Power BI but cannot find any Publish to Web functionality. Please find attached a screenshot of Power BI. Is this Power BI Service?

Power_BI_Screenshot.png

@tprasad1 yes what you access on app.powerbi.com is called power bi service. Once you've published your report you will get publish to web option.

Thanks a lot Ankit! You have been a great help! Could you also help me with the cost involved? 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors