Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VRENEE
Frequent Visitor

Problems retrieving data on prem via gateway connection to SSAS Tabular

Hello everybody

I need your help.

Try to deploy tabular model with SSDT tools on AZURE and use the GATEWAY. This Gateway is able to retrieve metadata. On SSDT I am able to import data from ORacle database but when deploying I have got an error with mashup process. Seems the Gateway on AZURE is not sending the onprem ORacle credential. Or the credentials settled on SSDT to retrieve metadata is no longer transmitted for retrieving datas.  

Any idea ? 

PS : When connecting the GATEWAY for POWERBI we are able to give the oracle credential under connexions when managing the gateway in powerbi.com. Why is it different in AZURE data management gateway ?   

Many thanks in advance.

Valérie RENEE.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VRENEE

Do you connect to Azure Analysis services database within Power BI Desktop, then publish it to Power BI Service? While the the data in Azure is deployed with SSDT tools on AZURE from ORacle database.

If so, you need to  give the azure credential under connetions when managing the gateway in powerbi.com.

As for the error with mashup process when  deploying tabular model with SSDT tools on AZURE and using the GATEWAY, you'd better post on the Azure community to get better answer.

Best regards

Maggie

Hello Maggie

Thanks for answer. 

My issue is resolved - just for this part. 

Just to give explanations and overview on the whole process :  

The problem was the Gateway was under my O365 subscription - so my active directory. And the guy from MICROSOFOT I am working with was unknown from my AD and unfortunately I was also unknown from his AZURE subscription where the SSAS cube has been settled. So he invited me and now he can see the gateway. Now the next problem is that ORACLE credential are OK from my side with SSDT tools but when deploying the solution credentials are lost. We found a solution where it explains to modify connexions  with SSMS tools ..... what a pity ! Proxy problems for now :-(.  

Thanks again. 

Best Regards

Valérie RENEE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors