Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

samesame1212
Regular Visitor

PowerPoint Multi Select with CTRL+Click on Value not Possible in Presentation Mode?

Hi,

I've exported a report of mine to a powerpoint presentation using the built in export function in powerBI service and it works mostly fine. The report features a line graph of metric "x" with dates along the bottom and a legend to seperate "cohorts", and also features a pivot table with the "cohorts" and sum metric "x".

I want to select multiple "cohorts" with CTRL + click on the table to filter what shows up on the other visual. This works fine while looking at the file in standard view, but when in presentation mode CTRL + Click doesn't work as it activates the laser pointer instead.

Is there any way around this? The only one I can think of is to just put a slicer in, however Im avoiding this initially as the list is longer than the presentation page height and the scroll wheel changes pages.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
akt
Frequent Visitor

The solution I have found is to turn off the setting in the slicer where it requires "ctrl+click" to select multiple options before embedding in PowerPoint. Then you just select options with a click only.

JoshSimpson
Frequent Visitor

I was stuck on this too, it's just shift click instead of CTRL 😅. You don't know if you don't know!

Shift click does not multi select from slicers

thanks! i prob tried all combinations aahha

CD_75
Frequent Visitor

ame here - need a solution if possible 

simo12447_Eng
Regular Visitor

Have you solved it by any chance? sounds impossible to me this issue.. but I have the same

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors