Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

samesame1212
Regular Visitor

PowerPoint Multi Select with CTRL+Click on Value not Possible in Presentation Mode?

Hi,

I've exported a report of mine to a powerpoint presentation using the built in export function in powerBI service and it works mostly fine. The report features a line graph of metric "x" with dates along the bottom and a legend to seperate "cohorts", and also features a pivot table with the "cohorts" and sum metric "x".

I want to select multiple "cohorts" with CTRL + click on the table to filter what shows up on the other visual. This works fine while looking at the file in standard view, but when in presentation mode CTRL + Click doesn't work as it activates the laser pointer instead.

Is there any way around this? The only one I can think of is to just put a slicer in, however Im avoiding this initially as the list is longer than the presentation page height and the scroll wheel changes pages.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
akt
Frequent Visitor

The solution I have found is to turn off the setting in the slicer where it requires "ctrl+click" to select multiple options before embedding in PowerPoint. Then you just select options with a click only.

JoshSimpson
Frequent Visitor

I was stuck on this too, it's just shift click instead of CTRL 😅. You don't know if you don't know!

Shift click does not multi select from slicers

thanks! i prob tried all combinations aahha

CD_75
Frequent Visitor

ame here - need a solution if possible 

simo12447_Eng
Regular Visitor

Have you solved it by any chance? sounds impossible to me this issue.. but I have the same

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors