Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chstead
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Rest Api truncates doubles

Hi all, 

I work on a tool where we embedded PowerBI and use the rest api to push data to PowerBI. I noticed that although we are specifying the type of floats/doubles as 'double', they are being truncated to 2 decimal places (as if they were reals). Double is supposed to handle many decimal places. Does anyone have a workaround or advice? We could cast it to a string but that it's really what we want to do. 

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@chstead wrote:

Hi all, 

I work on a tool where we embedded PowerBI and use the rest api to push data to PowerBI. I noticed that although we are specifying the type of floats/doubles as 'double', they are being truncated to 2 decimal places (as if they were reals). Double is supposed to handle many decimal places. Does anyone have a workaround or advice? We could cast it to a string but that it's really what we want to do. 

@chstead

Thanks for reporting this issue. I've tested specifying the type as double or decimal, however the values are truncated to 2 decimal places as you described. I'm going to escalate this internally and I'll post back if there comes any update.

@Eric_Zhang

Any update on this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors