Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Falhuddin
Regular Visitor

Power Bi - Gateway is not shown in dataset

Hi all,

I have an issue to set Gateway in Dataset. I have already install On-Premisses Data Gateway (Personal Mode) in server and setup the connection in Power Bi Services, both Datasource and Gateway status is online. Is there any setting that i'm missing somewhere?

*Power BI Desktop, Power BI (Online - app.powerbi.com), On-Premisses Data Gateway (Personal Mode) is using same microsoft account.

Gateway Connection : 

GatewayConnection.png

Datasource Connection :

DataSourceConnection.png

Dataset Setup :

Dataset.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Falhuddin 

According to your screenshot , you configure a personal data gateway and when you enter the dataset setting , You see the "You don't have any data gateway."

First, you can see that your data source is SQL SERVER. If your connection method is Direct Query mode, the personal gateway does not support it.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688700467804.png

If this , you need to download the on-premise gateway and install it  :
Power BI Gateway | Microsoft Power BI

In addition, I searched internally, and there is no ICM related to this error now, you can try:
Error: You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset.
Ensure that you've added one or more data sources to the gateway, as described in Add a data source. If the gateway doesn't appear in the admin portal under Manage gateways, clear your browser cache (Ctril + F5) or sign out of the service and then sign back in.

If you were able to use it normally before, but there is a problem recently, you can try to uninstall the gateway you are currently using, re-download the latest local data gateway and log in and configure it again to check whether this problem can be solved.

Update an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

At the same time, you can also check and share the gateway with others to test whether this problem exists.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Falhuddin
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok noted on that. I'm waiting for my company Power Platform Admin give an access to use standard gateway.

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Falhuddin 

According to your screenshot , you configure a personal data gateway and when you enter the dataset setting , You see the "You don't have any data gateway."

First, you can see that your data source is SQL SERVER. If your connection method is Direct Query mode, the personal gateway does not support it.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688700467804.png

If this , you need to download the on-premise gateway and install it  :
Power BI Gateway | Microsoft Power BI

In addition, I searched internally, and there is no ICM related to this error now, you can try:
Error: You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset.
Ensure that you've added one or more data sources to the gateway, as described in Add a data source. If the gateway doesn't appear in the admin portal under Manage gateways, clear your browser cache (Ctril + F5) or sign out of the service and then sign back in.

If you were able to use it normally before, but there is a problem recently, you can try to uninstall the gateway you are currently using, re-download the latest local data gateway and log in and configure it again to check whether this problem can be solved.

Update an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

At the same time, you can also check and share the gateway with others to test whether this problem exists.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors