Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FredeFromBVS

unable to see users's workspaces from admin-portal

Hi,

I'm not able to see "users's workspaces" when I connect powerbi admin-portal.

My company hasn't suscribe for a "premium capacity" licence or "ppu" . We just have "Powerbi free" licences and some "Powerbi pro" licences. 

We have some users who want to expand usage of powerbi in my company.

So my question is : How can I manage workspaces now, and, at the time when employees will leave the company (to prevent data lost) ?

Does "ppu" or "premium capacity" licence is requiered ? Or can I perform that with "pro" and "free" licences ?

Thanks for help.
(I've already try to obtain responses from Microsoft web sites, but it isn't very clear for me).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @FredeFromBVS ,

How can I manage workspaces now, and, at the time when employees will leave the company (to prevent data lost) ?

First of all, as an administrator, you have permission to manage whether users within the tenant can create workspaces, and currently only users with Pro and PPU licenses can create workspaces.

Administration for workspaces is in the Power BI admin portal. Power BI admins decide who in an organization can create workspaces and distribute apps. Read about managing users' ability to create workspaces in the "Workspace settings" article.

Secondly, Admins can also see the state of all the workspaces in their organization. They can manage, recover, and even delete workspaces. Read about managing the workspaces themselves in the "Admin portal" article.

Here you can view all workspaces in your tenant, manage workspace members and content, and workspaces are restored within 90 days of deletion.

Does "ppu" or "premium capacity" licence is requiered ? Or can I perform that with "pro" and "free" licences ?

Whether you need to buy PPU and premium capacity needs to be judged according to your business scenario.

Content shared by Pro users can only be viewed by Pro and PPU license users; Content shared by PPU users can only be viewed under a PPU license. And PPU is all the features that have the Pro license, the difference is that there are some more extended functions, you can view:

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can also check this document for their specific differences:

Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @FredeFromBVS ,

How can I manage workspaces now, and, at the time when employees will leave the company (to prevent data lost) ?

First of all, as an administrator, you have permission to manage whether users within the tenant can create workspaces, and currently only users with Pro and PPU licenses can create workspaces.

Administration for workspaces is in the Power BI admin portal. Power BI admins decide who in an organization can create workspaces and distribute apps. Read about managing users' ability to create workspaces in the "Workspace settings" article.

Secondly, Admins can also see the state of all the workspaces in their organization. They can manage, recover, and even delete workspaces. Read about managing the workspaces themselves in the "Admin portal" article.

Here you can view all workspaces in your tenant, manage workspace members and content, and workspaces are restored within 90 days of deletion.

Whether you need to buy PPU and premium capacity needs to be judged according to your business scenario.

Content shared by Pro users can only be viewed by Pro and PPU license users; Content shared by PPU users can only be viewed under a PPU license. And PPU is all the features that have the Pro license, the difference is that there are some more extended functions, you can view:

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can also check this document for their specific differences:

Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors