Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

spira

Power BI new look navigating content

Hello 

Since the new look was enforced I find it difficult to navigate content in a workspace. In the old look there was a separate tab for dashboards and reports which was great. In some of the workspaces we have 50 dashboards and close to 500 reports. Since the new look it is very hard to scroll through all of these to find a particular dashboard. 

Questions:

- can separate tab be added for dashboard and reports

- if not can the content tab be sorted with dashboards coming first

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @spira ,

You will be able to turn off the new look if the administrator disable the option "New look" in admin portal. 

New look.JPG

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spira ,

Please check whether there is a "New look" option at the top right of your service page. If so, just slide New look on to New look off so that you can return to the old look. You can find the details in this official documentation

Old lookOld look

Otherwise, please check with your service administrator, whether the New look option is disabled in admin portal.

New look setting in admin portalNew look setting in admin portal

Best Regards
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-yiruan-msft 

I miss the old look because of what you have highlighted i.e. separate tabs for different items. 

Since few days ago I no longer have the option to slide between the old and new look. I will check with the admins, but I fear the old look was disabled by Microsoft. 

Hi @spira ,

You will be able to turn off the new look if the administrator disable the option "New look" in admin portal. 

New look.JPG

Best Regards

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @spira ,

Just as a friendly reminder, you still do have the navigation down the left side, even with the new look. 

After that, you can sort the columns by Name or Type or whichever heading you want, so, you can have it separate the Types.

sort.jpg

Or, you could use the filter at the top of the screen:

filter2.jpg

At this time, I do not think there is a way to specifically edit the page to do as you ask but perhaps if you post an idea about the changes that you want, they will implement them at some point in the future.  If you do create an idea, let us know about it and the link to it here so that we can go there and vote for that idea as well.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thank you @collinq 

That was helpful as your tip (to sort by Type) is helpful with the navigation. 

I will post an idea, which will hopefully be considered. 

Currently there is a lot of empty horisonal space to the right of All/ Content/ Datasets + Dataflow. This white space could be used for additional tabs like Dashboards, Reports, Paginated Reports etc. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors