Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielsepulvida

Power BI Pro sharing with Gateway to Power BI Free

Hi Everyone,

I deployed a on Premises Gateway for some users that use Power BI Pro licenses, but I have few licences for Power BI Pro in my company. They connect databases in my on premises environment and create reports with schedule updates.

So I'd like to know if I can use a report configured with this Gateway (using a Power BI Pro license) and publish on the Web to access all users? Another question is this report will be update in case that I schedule update for all users or only for users with Power BI Pro?

Best Regards,

Daniel Sepulvida

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes you can use the publish to web option, which caches the data for an hour before you would see any changes.
Just please note that when you use the publish to web, I have found quite a few Publish to Web sites in Google and Bing. And this is part of the warning when using the Publish to Web where there is no security on the reports. As well as some other functionality that does not work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes you can use the publish to web option, which caches the data for an hour before you would see any changes.
Just please note that when you use the publish to web, I have found quite a few Publish to Web sites in Google and Bing. And this is part of the warning when using the Publish to Web where there is no security on the reports. As well as some other functionality that does not work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors