Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NaveenMohan
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dataflow is taking more time to refresh.

Hello Everyone,

We have a Power BI Dataflow created using multiple views and each views created on top of one single view. When I execute the views at SQL, it is taking 18mints to get executed for each views. When the dataflow is refreshing, it is taking 18mints for eachview sequentially and since I'm using 10 views in one dataflow and other 10 in different dataflow, it is taking more time to refresh the dataflow. 

Do we have a option for parellel refresh of the tables present in the dataflows so that all the tables will get refreshed within 30mints?

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

2 REPLIES 2
NaveenMohan
Frequent Visitor

@ibarrau,

Thank you for the suggestion but currently we're not looking to create a SPs to load the calculated columns into table but if this approach get the approval, we'll definitely go for this solution.

Thanks,

Naveen

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I haven't heard about a way of running the tables in parallel at the same dataflow. You can split the dataflow and run them at the same time. If you want to reduce the time, the best approach would be changing views for Store procedures that creates tables. Then dataflows would query a table. That way there is no logic between the dataflow and the engine, it's just simple bring me data no logic.

I'll leave this article just in case you want to deep dive at dataflow practices: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-understand-optimize-r...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors