Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reynaldichen

POWER BI Service with Tabular Visualization Report Performance - SSAS multidimensional

POWER BI Service with Tabular Visualization Report Performance  - SSAS multidimensional
I have a multidimensional molap cube with 15 measures and ~15  dimensions.
The cube is browsed from POWER BI service, and the SSAS server use an "on premises data gateway" with the memory of 24GB.
When I browse a table visualization report with value contains of 1 measure and 3 attributes from different dimensions, the result seems good that I can have the report appeared.
But when I try to add more (another) attributes, the report just keep loading (loading forever) and the memory in the ssas server is used until exhausted.
Please advise what should I do when I face that issue?

Note :
I have tried to browse the SSAS with the same measures and dimensions in SSMS the report is appeared.
I saw 2 DAX query from power bi when I did profiling on SSAS. The first query got error “The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application..”

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @reynaldichen,

Have you checked this blog which describes a similar issue?

SSAS error “The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory for the application”...

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks for the link, but my memory used until 99% so I think it is not about the memory configuration.

Regards,

Reynaldi Chen 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors