Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

reynaldichen

POWER BI Service with Tabular Visualization Report Performance - SSAS multidimensional

POWER BI Service with Tabular Visualization Report Performance  - SSAS multidimensional
I have a multidimensional molap cube with 15 measures and ~15  dimensions.
The cube is browsed from POWER BI service, and the SSAS server use an "on premises data gateway" with the memory of 24GB.
When I browse a table visualization report with value contains of 1 measure and 3 attributes from different dimensions, the result seems good that I can have the report appeared.
But when I try to add more (another) attributes, the report just keep loading (loading forever) and the memory in the ssas server is used until exhausted.
Please advise what should I do when I face that issue?

Note :
I have tried to browse the SSAS with the same measures and dimensions in SSMS the report is appeared.
I saw 2 DAX query from power bi when I did profiling on SSAS. The first query got error “The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application..”

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @reynaldichen,

Have you checked this blog which describes a similar issue?

SSAS error “The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory for the application”...

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks for the link, but my memory used until 99% so I think it is not about the memory configuration.

Regards,

Reynaldi Chen 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors