Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brysonds
Helper III
Helper III

Microsoft Credentials for Sharepoint Data Connection in Gateway?

Hi!

I am running into a problem when attempting to set-up an on-premise gateway connection to a Sharepoint site. I see that the available authentication types are Anonymous and Windows. However, in the Desktop client, it lets me connect just fine and has a 3rd authentication type for Microsoft Credentials. Why does this authentication type not appear in the gateway? Sharepoint (or at least ours) cannot be accessed using Anonymous or Windows credentials!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Brysonds

The Microsoft Credentials is to connect Sharepoint Online. You don't need to install on-premise gateway for online/cloud source.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Brysonds

The Microsoft Credentials is to connect Sharepoint Online. You don't need to install on-premise gateway for online/cloud source.

Regards,

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the clarification. I figured out what the problem was. My pbix file contained (3) Sharepoint files and (1) local file. So, when I went to "schedule refresh" through the web-app, it was telling me to use a gateway (hence why I went down that route). After removing the local file so that all data was coming from sharepoint, I was able to schedule the refresh from the web app without setting up a gateway, I simply put in my Oauth2 credentials. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Regards,

Bryson

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors