Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Brysonds
Helper III
Helper III

Microsoft Credentials for Sharepoint Data Connection in Gateway?

Hi!

I am running into a problem when attempting to set-up an on-premise gateway connection to a Sharepoint site. I see that the available authentication types are Anonymous and Windows. However, in the Desktop client, it lets me connect just fine and has a 3rd authentication type for Microsoft Credentials. Why does this authentication type not appear in the gateway? Sharepoint (or at least ours) cannot be accessed using Anonymous or Windows credentials!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Brysonds

The Microsoft Credentials is to connect Sharepoint Online. You don't need to install on-premise gateway for online/cloud source.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Brysonds

The Microsoft Credentials is to connect Sharepoint Online. You don't need to install on-premise gateway for online/cloud source.

Regards,

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the clarification. I figured out what the problem was. My pbix file contained (3) Sharepoint files and (1) local file. So, when I went to "schedule refresh" through the web-app, it was telling me to use a gateway (hence why I went down that route). After removing the local file so that all data was coming from sharepoint, I was able to schedule the refresh from the web app without setting up a gateway, I simply put in my Oauth2 credentials. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Regards,

Bryson

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors