Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adnan_Imtiaz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue with Reference Label under New Card Visual

Power Bi Service is not accepting Text Measure in the "Detail" Section under the Reference Label in the New Card Visual. It is working fine in the desktop version but when I publish it to service, it deletes the text measure.

Replacing the text measure with a number or % works fine. My Text Measure if placed outside of the reference label also works fine.

My text measure combines the variance and % and adds arrow for positive or negative.

February 2024

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adnan_Imtiaz ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adnan_Imtiaz ,
We have reported and submitted this issue to the product team. The issue has been identified and fixed. If you update to the latest February version and recreate the visualisations, this issue goes away. However, if an older version of the Power BI Desktop view is still being used, this issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adnan_Imtiaz ,
We have reported and submitted this issue to the product team. The issue has been identified and fixed. If you update to the latest February version and recreate the visualisations, this issue goes away. However, if an older version of the Power BI Desktop view is still being used, this issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PeteWPG
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone else now having the issue where the entire visual fails to load and just shows this error:

PeteWPG_0-1708310696548.png

Feels like its getting worse.

I do have it shown on the desk top version after got 2024 Feb update. What you have to do is to re-create the visual, then it show again on the desktop version. Not sure why, but it makes me feel worse on the new card visual. 😕

jjkiernanNGDS
Frequent Visitor

I got this exact same issue also, works in Desktop but in the service its showing blank values in my case "--". I was able to resolve this by adding the same field as my text measure into the 'Show Blank as' conditional function. So Putting exact same measure into both data and 'Show blank as' fields. Not ideal, but it works. 

jjkiernanNGDS_0-1707930141676.png

Thank you. The workaround is working. 

Obrigado pela dica, vai ajudar bastante até o probelma ser solucionado. 

Thank you, @jjkiernanNGDS for sharing this.

Not perfect, but until this issue is fixed, it's a pretty neat idea for a workaround.

PeteWPG
Frequent Visitor

This is affecting our organisation as well. Would be great if there was a way to expedite this fix. It is making the reports look very unprofessional.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adnan_Imtiaz ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

The problem in Power BI has not yet been resolved! 

knamburi
Frequent Visitor

I too had similar issue - Hope it gets solved soon

ChristophR
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue. Please fix. 

timalbers
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi all,
FYI I have created the following issue: New card visual bug: Reference label detail not sh... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You can vote for it, so it gets more visibility.

JeromevanH

We're experiencing the same issue. Please fix en let me know if any workaround is possible. We tried to change format to number but it remains empty in service. In desktop everything shows fine.

timalbers
Advocate V
Advocate V

Same here, please fix!

SKattan

I have the same problem. The report was published and the Measure (% Variance) was showing fine as of yesterday. THis morning it was showing -- which is the format we have included in the If blank show option.

iangilsenan
Frequent Visitor

We have the same problem.

The card reference detail displays correctly in Power BI desktop but when published the detail does not appear.

The detail is a measure that returns text (calculation plus a UNICHAR arrow).

Is this a known issue?

Power BI Desktop

iangilsenan_1-1707418264429.png

Power BI service

iangilsenan_0-1707418146898.png

I have the same issue. Report was displaying correctly until yesterday's morning when the reference detail starts showing blank in the published version. The desktop version is showing well.

I hope the issue is fixed as soon as possible by Microsoft. 

Yes, I have the same issue, my users found it this morning. The dax coded label is still working on desktop but not showing after it was published. The only way to fix it for now is to remove the arrow and format the result to numbers. 

Hopefully, MS will bring the feature back or at least give an option to use non-number such as arrow indicators. Thanks.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors