Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

csteig1230
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall Chart Total Incorrect in Service

All my waterfall charts were previously working fine in both my desktop file and when published to the service.  All of a sudden the totals on the waterfall charts are no longer correct in the service, but everything still looks fine when I have it open on the desktop.  When I publish that correct desktop report to the service, the totals still show incorrect in the service.  Any ideas?  Is this a new bug with the service?  Below is a pic showing my desktop report on the left, and how the same chart appears in the service when that report is published.

csteig1230_0-1707151837277.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csteig1230 ,
We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and fixed it. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csteig1230 ,
We have reported and submitted this issue to the product team. The issue has been fixed in the latest version of Power Bi Desktop, please check it later.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csteig1230 ,
We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and fixed it. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

brad_m
Frequent Visitor

Since I was unable to get the default waterfall to work, I added one of the free visuals. This visual worked in both the desktop and the service.

brad_m_0-1707762091783.png

MichaelWeiner

Hi all - I am seeing this exact issue with the waterfall charts - seems to have started over the past week.

The last bar in the chart is above the value it should be. Values are displaying fine on the desktop version, but not in the service we have shared out to our consumers.

brad_m
Frequent Visitor

I am also seeing the same issue. The waterfall chart looks correct in Desktop, but not in the service. Any guidance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. This issue began this week. The report was working correctly when it was refreshed last Monday.

In Desktop

brad_m_0-1707758248540.png

In Service

brad_m_1-1707758364014.png

Like other posts, I am using SWITCH/SELECTVALUE for the measure. The measure is defined as:

Bridge Category Values TEST = SWITCH(
    SELECTEDVALUE(Bridge_Categories[Category]),
    "Beginning", [Beginning Value],
    "Won", -[Deals Won],
    "Lost", -[Deals Lost],
    "Dead", -[Deals Dead],
    "Walked", -[Deals Walked],
    "Added", [Added Value],
    "Changed", [Net Opp Value Change],
    "Pushed", -[Pushed Opp Value],
    "Adjusted", [Value Adjusted],
    "Ending", [Ending Value], 0)

And the waterfall is structured as:
brad_m_2-1707758511259.png

And I verified that both the report and Semantic Model have been refreshed.

brad_m_3-1707758590273.png

jmkne

Hi,

any updates on this topic? I'm having the exact same issue as csteig1230. Multiple refreshes and republishes done, nothing seems to do the magic. So this must be something Microsoft should fix, right?

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csteig1230 ,

Can you tell me roughly when your problem occurs, do the totals not change or do they change to some other numerical form. Can you provide your version of Power Bi Desktop and details of the error message if there is one.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

There is no specific time the problem occurs, it is persistent in the published report in the Power BI service.  I don't have any other reports with waterfall charts to check, but from the couple other posts on this thread it sounds like others are having this issue too.  It seems to have started a couple weeks ago, was working fine before that.

I have a date slicer on my report and the total does change when I select different dates, but it is never right (does not equal the sum of the other parts of the waterfall chart).  Again, it was working fine previously.

It also works fine in Power BI desktop.  There is no error message.  It just appears wrong in the published report on the Power BI service.  My Power BI Desktop Version is: 2.124.2028.0 64-bit (December 2023)

CandiceNaiela
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue... republishing / refreshing does not resolve the issue.

csteig1230
Frequent Visitor

The report is not embeded.  I published to the Power BI service and am viewing it directly on the Power BI service (and have tried refreshing several times) with same result.

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csteig1230 ,

Based on the information you have provided, whether your report is embedded or not, and whether you have changed the content of the report. Please note that embedded reports changed in Power Bi Desktop must be republished or the report will not change.

Reports embedded in applications or websites will also need to refresh the report and the semantic model of the embedded applications and websites to ensure that the changes are displayed.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors