Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ankbaner
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to set up unlimited Dataset refresh in Power BI service ?

Hi,

I am looking for capability of power bi to refresh a dataset unlimited times. I am fully aware that we have facility to refresh the dataset 48 times in premium capacity. But do we have any other options ? 

I am not lokking for API calls or developer options.

Thank you in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure

You can follow this guide to set it up.

Using Power Automate To Refresh Data In Power BI - Enterprise DNA

Mike

If this or any other answer helped you solve your problem please give it a thumbs up or accept it as the answer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ankbaner 

The refresh limits are for scheduled refresh. For datasets in shared capacity, your Scheduled Refresh is limited to 8 refreshes per day. In Premium capacities, you can set up to 48 refreshes per dataset per day. Manually refresh isn't included in it. You can manually refresh more than 8 times a day if your dataset is in shared capacity. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi 

Yes, you can refresh more often but the User interface will only give you the ability to do it every 30 min so you will need to look at a developer type option. this could be as easy as calling the refresh using power automate.

Perhaps the more important question is why do you need to refresh your data so frequently. often users may want more frequent refreshes but don't actually need them.(Eg someone who checks a report once a day does not need the data refreshing every 10 minutes).

If there is a genuine need for "Near real-time" data then you might want to look at a direct query. This removes the need for refreshes entirely and always uses the latest data but comes at the expense of being slower 

You could also look into Hybrid tables, they are a new feature and not yet generally available but they can give you the best of both import and direct query modes. see Announcing Public Preview of Hybrid Tables in Power BI Premium | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft...

\

Hi ,

There was a need from users that they want to refresh the dataset whenever they want as the dataset is related to manufacturing process.

Developer solution can be an alternative solution. I know that using API we can configure the refresh of datasets but do you have any relevant link how we can use POwer Automate in this process ?

Thanks in advance !

Sure

You can follow this guide to set it up.

Using Power Automate To Refresh Data In Power BI - Enterprise DNA

Mike

If this or any other answer helped you solve your problem please give it a thumbs up or accept it as the answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors