Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

is there a possible way of saving results created from analysis in power BI to a file ortable in SQL

We are going to allow consultants to analyse possibilities of changing lots of slicers in a report and a table of results will update accordingly.  there will possibly be some what if slicers in there too to check on any possible metrics changes

So once they are happy there will be a table of results to work with (The measures will do all our calculations for us. based on the data and the chosen descriptors.

Is there a possible way that we could then us Power BI and send this results table to a file or SQL database for use later? A file in a datalake would be the preferred option I think.

I know this sounds more OLTP, but part of me thinks that as you are using Power BI to analyse posibilities there may be a way of doing this? Maybe with a button on the page

ImageOfWhatWeNeedInPowerBI.JPG

Any ideas would be really useful at this stage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DebbieE  ,

As of now, the capacility present in Power BI is the Users once they are satisfied with the data they want to see, they can store it as Personal Bookmarks. There is no any straight forward approach approach to load this data to Azure Datalake.

Instead you could try involving other tools like Power Automate to achieve this. There are many templates available. You could just skim through them if they are of any help. One such I saw below is as follows

Thejeswar_0-1643889277999.png

In the above template if you could try replacing excel with Azure Data lake may be that could achieve what you are looking for!!!

I have never tried this. So not sure how it will work...

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DebbieE  ,

As of now, the capacility present in Power BI is the Users once they are satisfied with the data they want to see, they can store it as Personal Bookmarks. There is no any straight forward approach approach to load this data to Azure Datalake.

Instead you could try involving other tools like Power Automate to achieve this. There are many templates available. You could just skim through them if they are of any help. One such I saw below is as follows

Thejeswar_0-1643889277999.png

In the above template if you could try replacing excel with Azure Data lake may be that could achieve what you are looking for!!!

I have never tried this. So not sure how it will work...

Hope this helps!!!

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DebbieE 

Take a look at the "Goals" feature in Power BI. With a small set of numbers like this, you can set Goals up to take a "snapshot" of a number on a Power BI report on a regular basis. This creates a Goals scorecard, but (for me) the best bit is it also keeps a record in a Power BI dataset of the date and time and the value of each Goal monitored, thus building a history of change on those numbers.

You'll need to set up one goal for each number on the grid, then it will track those numbers as they change through refreshes.

See Get started with goals in Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

Oooh that is really interesting. But Im not sure how it would work in practice because there are numerous users of the report. Each one will be setting the slicers and what ifs to give them their own 'personal' values (for a specific job they are working on) 

'it also keeps a record in a Power BI dataset of the date and time and the value of each Goal monitored' So its not that the data is being refeshed and changing. its that a user has applied a specific set of filters (At a specific point in time)

Im not sure that this would work in this scenario ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors