Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

miaydin

Images not loading on web service

Hi,

We need a repot that includes web images for our products. So, we upload our images to a Php server which uses MySql db. I set the URLs for web images and i can see images from desktop and mobile app.

miaydin_1-1624868991803.png

But on the web service, as you can see below, i can't see them, it looked like broken url.

miaydin_0-1624868659774.png

First i upload images as .jpg, then i changed file type to .png but i still have the same issue.

Have you ever had such a problem? What should I do? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miaydin

Thank you for all of your replies. We've solved the situation. It seems it was an SSL problem. So, we've got SSL certification for our server and now, both mobile app and web service shows images.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
miaydin

Thank you for all of your replies. We've solved the situation. It seems it was an SSL problem. So, we've got SSL certification for our server and now, both mobile app and web service shows images.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @miaydin ,

As the official document said, the image URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

From this thread, it seems that your image size needs to be under 32766bytes (32KB). 

Refer to :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/URL-Images-Won-t-Display-in-PowerBI-Online/m-p/912722

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

miaydin

Hello. I think i couldn't express situation. The problem is that, i can see the images on mobile app which connects and shows web service reports but when i use some browser and log in power bi web service,
same service won't shows images. Images were on the web server. I can reach the images by typing their urls on web browser externally. Both desktop and mobile app can show the images. But when i reach the web report on web server, images won't appear. So, how can it be mobile app shows the images that runs on web service, but web service not? I've tried different browsers, different file types, change the images path but the situation doesn't change. 

That's weird. I have never seen something like that 😞
If you have everything configured like the video and it only shows in apps and not in service, that sounds like an issue. 
You can report the issue in the following url to get deeper assistance:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

I hope that helps 😞

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think that may work. In Service, the url for images are loaded at that moment. That means that the URL to show the picture won't find the local server. It's like adding the url in a browser in other PM without access to the mysql. Working with URLs might be tricky, it's easier to just use one of the internet, however it's not impossible. Check this video to help you with the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82yzcfkqAc

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors