Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ybarsabal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filters on this visual - shows by default?

Our reports have started displaying Filters on this visual by default, even when a visual is not selected. This is problematic because Filters on this page and Filters on all pages get moved down and confuses our users. Is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update received today: 

Greetings ! Wish you happy new year! This is to keep you informed over the issue, As we received an update from our Product team as it is a known issue our Product team have identifies and working on the fix. We request you to please try in 4th week of jan 2024. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
guitar___
Frequent Visitor

FYI: Support confirmed an issue and is looking into it. (got answer to my support ticket today)

Hi @guitar___ ,

Thank you very much for your response.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Update received today: 

Greetings ! Wish you happy new year! This is to keep you informed over the issue, As we received an update from our Product team as it is a known issue our Product team have identifies and working on the fix. We request you to please try in 4th week of jan 2024. 

Our engineering team is working on the fix and will be deployed by Jan 19th, 2024.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate your team's efforts in working on the fix. However, it seems like the issue hasn't been resolved yet. Can you please provide me with any additional information or updates on the progress? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm a regular user like you 🙂 just quoting from the open support ticket. Unfortunately the meeting that was scheduled with me today got no-showed and I confirm on my end as well: it is not fixed and issue still occurs.

Thank you for clarifying the situation. May I confirm that you initiated the support ticket? If so, could you kindly keep me informed of the resolution once you've had a chance to meet with them? Your updates would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, they confirmed it is now also working for region Europe (had different rollout dates). I tested it on our online service and "not hidden" visual filters are not selected immediately. So that would mean for us it is fixed (again, not representing Microsoft or Support here). Same for you?

Yes, ticket is up and running since December 21st. Whenever I get a valid response with news, I post them here.

guitar___
Frequent Visitor

Hi, we have the same issue since this morning. We double checked (no syncing of filters etc.). Saving in the semantic model without any visuals clicked, clean setup as we did for years now. We also submitted a ticket.

Edit: as a soft-solution until Microsoft fixes it I've hid the individual filters on the popping-up visual so when you load the page its clean. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

sounds like it.  "Filters on this visual"  should only activate once you are interacting with a visual.  The initial page rendering should not result in that section being shown.

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors