Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BIanon
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refreshing a report file from SharePoint

Hello Community,

I have split my pbix files into semantic model and report files
I have all of my pbix files in SharePoint

When I update just the report, I get long wait times (up to an hour) which is incredibly annoying when just making small changes.

The only way I've found to force pbi to update from sharepoint is to run a refresh on the dataset and then cancel it immediatedly which leaves a red warning triangle until it's fully refreshed

Is there a way to get a report to check for an updated version in sharepoint thats less cruse?

3 REPLIES 3
BIanon
Resolver I
Resolver I

Here's the thing, I do not want my semantic model to be refreshed which is by design. I only want to fetch changes made to the report file.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @BIanon ,

Let's say you make changes to your file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online. Once you save the file, Power BI service syncs with those changes too, usually within about an hour. It's by desgin.

here is a more efficient way to automatically update your Power BI report when the data source in SharePoint changes. You can use Power Automate to create a flow that triggers a refresh of your Power BI dataset when the SharePoint file is modified.

For details, you may refer to Solved: How to automatically refresh power bi report once ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Here's the thing, I do not want my semantic model to be refreshed which is by design. I only want to fetch changes made to the report file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors