Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Featured Q&A questions

I have a data set created from a dataflow. I have added a Q&A visual and want to created my own suggested questions for within the report. I have added featured questions to the dataset in settings. These do not seem to show up anywhere. I would like to replace the blue automatic seed questions that show when I create the visual with questions of my own. Is this possible? Where can the Featured questions I am adding to the settings of the dataset be found? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Add a Q&A visual

k11.PNG

In this situation I think your main problem is to replace the blue auto-generated problem, it's impossible to achieve it in current version. Although these blue questions cannot be replaced, you can indeed train your own questions and use them in report and dashboard.

k10.PNG

k13.PNG

2. Add a Q&A box

k14.PNG

k15.PNG

Maybe this situation can meet your requirements?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Quentin
Helper III
Helper III

Hello there,
None of the solution proposed have worked for me...
I have posted an issue here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Q-amp-A-Suggested-questions/idi-p/1705186

Quentin
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

I came accross the same issue, it was working fine while i was working in Desktop, then i published it and worked fine too but then a few days later it stopped working... meanwhile there was a Power Bi Service maintenance that has provoked some failure in the service and a new version of powerbi desktop
If anyone managed to make it work again please advice 🙂

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Add a Q&A visual

k11.PNG

In this situation I think your main problem is to replace the blue auto-generated problem, it's impossible to achieve it in current version. Although these blue questions cannot be replaced, you can indeed train your own questions and use them in report and dashboard.

k10.PNG

k13.PNG

2. Add a Q&A box

k14.PNG

k15.PNG

Maybe this situation can meet your requirements?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft 

Actually I just figured it out! You can add questions within the button Q&A. They just are not the ones that are entered within the dataset. They are manually entered and saved within the button. Thank you for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft 

Hi, 

I do like the button idea, but it does not solve the problem. I want to featured questions (on either the visual or the button) to be questions I come up with and not computer generated questions. The button is still giving featured questions that are created by the computer rather than the ones I entered. So far I have only gotten my featured questions to show up within the dashboard. If you have a way to get these to show up in a report that would be great! Thank you for the help!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your problem been solved? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

There are 2 different ways to add questions to Q&A.  One way is for the Q&A field that appears on dashboards.  But it sounds like you want to add featured questions for a Q&A visual that appears in a report.   Scroll down to the "Advanced" section to learn how to add and format featured questions for the Q&A visual in reports.

HTH

Michele

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mihart 

Thank you for replying! I have already added the featured questions to my dataset, but they do not show up in the visual. Only the Power BI questions show up not my own. My question is why. Do you know what could be causing the fatured questions I have added to not show up within the visual? I am very excited to get Q&A working for my report! It looks very useful, and getting the featured questions to show up would be great!

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a few ideas.

1. Adding featured questions to Power BI Q&A is still in preview.  When you try to follow the instructions in this article, are you able to do everything described?
  2. I've found that I do not have the cog icon when working in the Power BI service...but I do have the cog icon in Power BI Desktop. Are you working in Desktop?

HTH,

Michele

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I have tried in the service and desktop, and you are right to have the gear icon you must be in desktop. I have discovered that the featured questions seem to only show up in a Dashboard not a report. I think I can get what I need in the Dashboard, so I should be fine although it would be nice to get it working in the report as well. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad you can get it working on dashboard.  It will work in a report too, but it appears that (for now) you need to add the Q&A visual while in Desktop and then publish to Power BI service (app.powerbi.com).  

Take care,

Michele

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried downloading the dataset as a pbix and then creating the report but the visual does not have my questions there either. To me it seems featured questions cannot be added to the Q&A visual that appears in a report for desktop or the service. It does work nicely in the Dashboard though. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors