Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Excel PBI data set not available?

Hello

In the recent past, I have been able to connect to a PBI dataset via Excel PowerQuery.  I click thru the PowerPlatform, select the tenant - and  then generally I have 4-5 datasets to choose from.   Unfortunately my attempt today - I only have one dataset for selection- which is not the one I need

I do have access to the dataflows that relate to this missing dataset and I am able to see all datasets when I vo into hte service.    I have looked at various settings - I am the administrator on needed dataset.   

I tested another excel file - where I had made the dataset connection in the past - my cubevalues seem to be working as expected.   However, going thru the power platform power query options -  I am still missing the needed dataset. 

Any thoughts on what I am missing.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Good morning!   As far as I can tell - the permissions are equivalent across the multiple datasets.  I am the administrator on all.

In my research - I did learn that these missing datasets are available via Analyze in Excel, so I now have a model connection.   Which I assume is equivalent as going thru the Power Platform option.

thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dellis81 

Can you make sure that you have got all the right permissions to the datasets?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Good morning!   As far as I can tell - the permissions are equivalent across the multiple datasets.  I am the administrator on all.

In my research - I did learn that these missing datasets are available via Analyze in Excel, so I now have a model connection.   Which I assume is equivalent as going thru the Power Platform option.

thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors