Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kcizenski

Embed reports without using "Publish to the Web"?

Hi All.

Is there a way for me to embed a PowerBI report in an external website without using the "Publish to the Web" feature?

I want to publish my reports on a Google Site. However my organization has decided to turn the "Publish to the Web" feature off for reasons regarding data security(the data I am reporting on is not confidential, though). This caused the reports that I had already published to break, and give messages saying the content is unavailable. I would like to stay away from API work, as I am unfamiliar with this, and I do not have a SharePoint acocunt, so that option does not help me either.

Are there other options for publishing without this feature turned on?

Thanks in advance for any hlep offered!

3 REPLIES 3
kcizenski

Hi All.

Does anyone know of options to embed a report in an external website aside from using the "Publish to the Web" feature?

I want to publish reports through Google Sites. However my organization has decided to turn that feature off for reasons regarding data security (the data I am reporting is not confidential, though), and so my published reports broke, indicating that the content is unavailable. Is there another way to do this? I would prefer to stay out of any API work, as I am unfamiliar with it. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could look into Power BI Embedded.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks! I'll take a look at this service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors