cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satish Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

ArcGIS map not displaying in Web

I am able to create ArcGI maps in my desktop but when I publish then and load them on web, its blanks. 

do I have to enable any settings option in my portal too ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: ArcGIS map not displaying in Web

Hey Satish,

as stated here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-feature-summary/

the ArcGis integration is in preview, and also that on the service will be blank.

But it is also mentioned that this feature is coming to the Power BI service "... it’ll be available on the web within the next week ..." guess it will not take that long until it will be present in the service

Cheers Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
43 REPLIES 43
satish Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

any ideas guys?

Super User
Super User

Hey Satish,

as stated here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-feature-summary/

the ArcGis integration is in preview, and also that on the service will be blank.

But it is also mentioned that this feature is coming to the Power BI service "... it’ll be available on the web within the next week ..." guess it will not take that long until it will be present in the service

Cheers Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
satish Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Looks like i missed that part. Thank you. 

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @satish,

ArcGIS Maps can display in Power BI Service now. See:

q6.PNG

Power BI provides the ability for users, tenant administrators, and IT administrators to manage whether to use ArcGIS Maps for Power BI. In your scenario, please check if you have enabled option below:

q4.PNGq5.PNG

If you still can't display the ArcGIS Maps, the issue can be that your tenant administrators, and IT administrators don't enable this feature. For more information, please refer to this article: Managing use of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI within your organization.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
satish Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am not able to see the option in settings to enabled it. checked via it admin as well as tenant admin account. 

large.png

healthEteam Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I am not able to see those options on the power bi web side either.

Works fine in desktop, just a blank frame on web service.

nlevin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have enabled ArcGIS maps in the Power BI Service and getting a blank frame.   Works fine in Desktop.

saunders Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Just wanted to add that the visual is blank in my service as well.  There is no option to enable it either.  I checked with our O365 admin and the ArcGIS plugin is enabled at the tenant level.  I presume it will be available soon for us enterprise users.

Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I am also viewing a blank visual.  We have it enabled at the tenant level as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 303 members 3,282 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: