Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Leozin28
Frequent Visitor

Different pages with same users

Hello gurus, hope u are all doing fine!

Latelly I have encountered an error in my Pbi Service. Basically, I have an Officers Team, which can access Comercial Page and I have Managers Team, which can access both Comercial Page and Managers Page, in the SAME dashboard.

In PowerBi Desktop, I created Manage Security Role for each Officer (there are 7 of them). This way, in PowerBi Service, I could easily use RLS with the corp e-mail to give them access to Comercial Page.

However, now I have to link their bosses (Managers), so they can access Comercial Page as being Officers, while giving Managers permission to use Managers Page as well.

Example: My name is Leonardo and I am Will´s boss. Will can access ONLY Comercial Page and see his stats on the last 3 months. As his boss, I should grant access to Comercial Page, "pretending" I am him (entering with his name) AND I will receive permission to see Managers Page, where I can search/compare his numbers since 2015 (nvm those years and months, they were just examples).

Is there a way to do it without using Tabular Editor?
Currently I am using the corp notebook, so if I must download Tabular Editor, I would need to ask for permission to do such thing.

Looking forward to your responses!!
In case of any misunderstanding, I will be online to help to solve it. If it helps, I can add some data in here but I've got no idea how to kkkk

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Leozin28 There is no native way to dynamically hide a page in Power BI Desktop that I am aware of, is that what you are asking?

Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hey @Greg_Deckler, thank you for the fast response.

Yeah, my main doubt is about hiding/allowing dashes per user, but I don't know what to do in this case.

My Manager can access Managers Page and Comercial Page, as long as an Officer only just has permission to view Comercial Page in PowerBi Service (screenshot below).

Leozin28_0-1712678128720.png

My Officers will only have the permission to see this yellow highlighted page, when Managers can see blue and yellow pages (screen shot below)

Leozin28_1-1712678289305.png

One idea I had was to, in RLS, Managers entering as Officers (given its permission to yellow page) and then receiving the ability to access the blue page with theirs e-mails, but this will not work (the fact that I have a slicer on blue page with Officers just keeps giving Officers permission to visualize Manager's page, when they are not supposed to).

So the main solution to my issue is: Can I send permissions to each individually teammate to access each page I want them to? This way, I could just send Officers permission to Comercial (yellow) Page and grant all access to Managers.

About sample data, do you mind sending me your e-mail? So that I can share the Dashboard with you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors