Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DM_EU
Helper I
Helper I

Can't start the deployment When deploying the items below, any related dataflow must be included in

Hello, I have a Dataflow in workspace1. I have created a new report using the Dataflow as a datasource and I published the report it in workspace2. In the development pipelines, from workspace2 I am trying to deploy my new report from dev to Test but I get the following error :  

"Can't start the deployment

When deploying the items below, any related dataflow must be included in the deployment or must already exist in the target folder." (it is showing the name of my dataset of my new report).

What can I do to deploy without getting an error?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
LeeBenjamin
Employee
Employee

Hi @DM_EU,
It looks like a scenario of Auto-binding across pipelines
Is your workspace1 part of another pipeline? In this case, you have first to have a copy of the dataset the report depends on in the test stage of this other pipeline.
BR,

Lee

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DM_EU ,

In my test everything works fine, can you provide more information about the screenshot and describe it so that I can answer it for you quickly.

vhenrykmstf_0-1665388926509.png

Or refer to the following document link:

Troubleshoot deployment pipelines, the Power BI Application lifecycle management (ALM) tool - Power ...

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as DM_EU I cannot deploy a dataset related to dataflow from dev envrionment to Test environment

Fantmas_0-1675177505681.png

Do I to fix it publish the dataset in Test environment manually ?

regards

RX00
Frequent Visitor

Did you figure out the issue? I'm facing the same problems right now. 

nyeman17
Frequent Visitor

In my scenario - I had a dashboard called "Calls" in my test environment that was connected to the dataset(semantic model) "Calls - data." I was trying to publish the dashboard "Calls" from my dev envionment, which is now connected to "Calls -data V2" as i made some changes and did not want to mess up V1.

I simply deleted the dashboard "Calls" in test, and then deployed "Calls" and "Calls - data V2" from dev to test and it worked.

I know this is back in 2023, but someone else might run into this problem.

@RX00,
Have you checked through the workspace lineage view if the item you are trying to deploy is related to an item in a different workspace assigned to another deployment pipeline? If so, then this related item has to be deployed first. See more details here: The Microsoft Fabric deployment pipelines process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
BR,

Lee

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors