Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Andy_BI

Different Rooms for different Clients in PBI, possible ?

Hello PowerBI Users,

I am curious if there is a way in PowerBI Service to create separate spaces for different clients. In other words, I would like to run a service for various clients under my license and therefore need separate spaces to publish dashboards and provide data to the clients.

Is this possible with PowerBI, and which license would be required to achieve this?

Thank you and best regards,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @Andy_BI ,
what do you mean by spaces? I guess different workspaces.
Of course you can if you have permissions to create workspaces within your tenant. Just create one for each customer. But I suggest to provide the data as an App for end users.

If you have at least a P1 your end users are good to go with a free license.
If you you have a shared capacity (Pro or PPU) every end user will need same license type to consume the data.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy_BI

Thanks a lot, that was helpful !!!

sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @Andy_BI ,
what do you mean by spaces? I guess different workspaces.
Of course you can if you have permissions to create workspaces within your tenant. Just create one for each customer. But I suggest to provide the data as an App for end users.

If you have at least a P1 your end users are good to go with a free license.
If you you have a shared capacity (Pro or PPU) every end user will need same license type to consume the data.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors