Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to update data sources from log analytics

Hi everyone, i've just published my PowerBI report on powerbi.com. I am getting my data from log analytics and excel files stored in a sharepoint folder. When i try to enter my credentials, everything is working well with the sharepoint source but with log analytics i get this error : Failed to update data source credentials: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://api.loganalytics.io/' (404): Not Found. In fact, when i try to enter my credentials i just have two choices : anonymous and basic but i am using an organizational account (See the picture attached). 

Anyone has an idea to fix this issue ?

refresh issue.png

9 REPLIES 9
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You would need to make sure you have got the full log analytics IO

This is what mine looks like shown below.

GilbertQ_0-1602020926203.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ , thank you for your answer. The issue there is that i used a relative path because i had another error before telling me that my dataset includes a dynamic data source, so it won't be able to refresh. Below my analytics query : analytics query.PNG

Should I put a default workspace when i enter my credentials on powerbi.com ? 

I think that should work. If it does not you might have to put in the full URL to correctly authenticate

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ , i tried but it doesn't work. I have to use this dynamic url otherwise i'll get only one part of my data. Do you have something similar to this in your data source settings ? 

data source settings.PNG

Hi there

This is what my Data Source settings looks like

GilbertQ_0-1602201288589.png

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ , Did you use a dynamic field or not ? If yes how did you manage to set up the connection ? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please take a look at the following example about how to connect to API using OAuth 2.0 in Power BI.

http://angryanalyticsblog.azurewebsites.net/index.php/2016/05/16/api-strategies-with-power-bi/

And you can also check OAuth authentication here.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi there

I did not use a dynamic URL it was hardcoded

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did someone already used connections to log analytics with dynamic parameters and published its report to power bi.com ? If yes how did he do ?  I am working on this issue since 3 days without finding any solution 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors