Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AilleryO
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Date Problem LocalDate PBI Service Desktop

Hi,

I am facing a strange display in PBI Service regarding a date-time.

I'm using a table to get the last refresh date with 2 columns, one in LocalTime and the other in UTC date.

Very simple table like this :

let
Source = #table(type table[LocalDate=datetime, UtcDate=datetime], {{DateTime.LocalNow(),DateTimeZone.UtcNow()}}),
    #"Type modifié" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"LocalDate", type datetimezone}, {"UtcDate", type datetimezone}}),
    #"Année insérée" = Table.AddColumn(#"Type modifié", "Année", each Date.Year([LocalDate]), Int64.Type),
    #"Colonnes permutées" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Année insérée",{"LocalDate", "Année", "UtcDate"})
in
    #"Colonnes permutées"

On PBI Desktop everyhting works fine and the time and date are correct (in table and in visuals)

On PBI Service, if I look in the drop down menu (from title bar) I have the correct date and time displayed (see image below).

But on the field on my page I have a time 2 hours behind.

(I'm in France and my data are stored in Netherlands).

If i look at the update date-time in the list view for my dataset and my report, update date-time are correct (see image below).

So it works fine everywhere except on my report, 😞 and as a consequence it is not correct neither on my dashboard.

Pb_Dates_PBIService.pngPb_Dates_PBIService2.png

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks

Olivier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Power BI service runs on UTC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggested link.

My problem being I don't know what correction I should make since there is no Time Zone between Netherlands and France ?

I can make a query as suggested in the link to retrieve desired time zone... Ok but I love to understand things...

Obvioulsy I could make a 2 hours correction but without knowing where it comes from ?

So I am wondering where is that time coming from ? Greenland ?

Does anyone else have experienced something like that ?

The Power BI service runs on UTC.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors