Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kamaljeetsingh

Connect Athena with Power BI Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out.

Need Help - 

What is done ?

1. ODBC Athena driver is installed in one of the RDP and DSN is configured having Athena specification - So far good and test connection successfull with no issue  
  2. Gateway is installed in the same above RDP and it is running with no issue. 
  3. Built successfull ODBC (for AWS Athena) connection in Power BI Service Gateway. No Issue
  4. Attached above connection to the Power BI dataset. No Issue
  5. When did the adhoc Refresh of one of the PBI Report, the refresh kept rolling for 2 hours and finally it ended with "Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again." - This is the problem statement  

Additional Info - 

1. Power BI Report above is having small 1 table (containing 1000 rows).
  2. Below are some additional error from Mashup file generated from Gateway Log 
    1. "NonFatalError":"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\\Users\\PBIEgwService\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\Microsoft\\MashupProvider\\Temp'
    2. "NonFatalError":"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\\Users\\PBIEgwService\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\Microsoft\\MashupProvider\\Cache
    3. "NonFatalError":"ERROR [HY096] [Simba][ODBC] (11180) SQLGetInfo property not found: 180. An error occurred but no ODBC error information was available"

Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the help!

I re-tried today and i was able to locate the problem and it was due to SQLGetInfo property

Solution: There could be 2 which I was able locate so far:-

1. Enable port 444 for optimal performance.
  2. Disable ODBC “Use Resultset Streaming” (DSN Configuration --> Advance Option --> Use Resultset Streaming) – this is not recommended for huge data  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kamaljeetsingh

Just adding another FYI note - 

Published Report is using import through ODBC AWS Athena  

Thanks for the help!

I re-tried today and i was able to locate the problem and it was due to SQLGetInfo property

Solution: There could be 2 which I was able locate so far:-

1. Enable port 444 for optimal performance.
  2. Disable ODBC “Use Resultset Streaming” (DSN Configuration --> Advance Option --> Use Resultset Streaming) – this is not recommended for huge data  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors